The CRA was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing a voice for local residents on issues involving them in the locality. It originally consisted of member households around the Chigwell Park estate and the High Road, but soon grew to incorporate households in other parts of Chigwell, Grange Hill and Chigwell Row.
CRA now has around 300 member households, and looks to safeguard and maintain the character of Chigwell and to monitor the amenity services for the community. Therefore it has always worked to check and challenge unsuitable or over development in the area, and to preserve the green belt sites and pleasant setting of our area, as well as trying to ensure that the existing infrastructure is not overwhelmed.
The Association has always tried to work closely with the Parish and District Councillors representing Chigwell, Grange Hill and Chigwell Row to protect the distinctive features of Chigwell and its community.
Chairman Jamie Braha
Secretary Arlene Hopkin
Treasurer Jacquie MacLeod
• The current membership fee for the Association is £5.00 per annum per household.
• There are two newsletters per year and two general meetings per year held in spring and autumn.
• If you wish to join please email, the Treasurer, via this website, and he/she will forward you a joining letter with details of how to pay.
• You can also join at a general meeting.
• A letter is sent annually including instructions on how to pay.
• Cheque or cash is acceptable or you can arrange a standing order.
• Payments by standing order should be arranged for January or February
If you wish to join us and be involved in our work (our membership fee is just £5 a year) , as well as receive our newsletters and updates or just can provide useful information on developments or concerns you have about the village and its environs, please fill in your details below and we will send you a joining form either by post or email.
Please call us on the following number: 07989 137275